Hiii friends!!!

"School's out, Memories past, Don't ever doubt...Our relation will last!!"
This line is dedicated to my school - KERALA SAMAJAM MODEL SCHOOL!!

When I was in school, I used to think that college life will be more interesting than school life.But today, I am a 2nd year journalism student studying in Amrita University. Looking back on all those days when i was a school going kid, with a huge bag on my back, hairstyle was of a typical school going girl( 2 plates), dressed up in a neat and clean uniform..I seriously miss those days... I used to think that I enjoyed a lot in my school life but now i feel that i did'nt enjoy upto full extent. School life can never be compared  with anything else..
                            I still remember the first day of my school.. 17years back, i holded my parents hand and entered the compound of my school. I am not remembering exactly what I felt at that point of time. A lady with a pen in her hand, a red rose on her hair, with a lot of eye make-up came and stood in front of me. She was looking so scary...She seemed to be a person who kidnap small kids and lock them up in cupboards..I don't know what she said to my mom and dad, after having a short conversation with her, my parents were about to leave. Tears started rolling down from my eyes...I have kept in my mind, the words that my mom told me," We will be back soon!!! Don't cry...I will get you a chocolate...Be a good girl". As soon as i heard the chocolate, my tears rolled back....
                          The scary lady was none other than my first class teacher, Mrs.P.C. Shailaja. Though she appeared to be scary, she was not that bad... But yea she was a strict teacher.Slowly i started liking her.She was my class teacher in LKG and UKG. Because I was scared of her, I studied her subjects well. Then came, Mrs. Rama Kohli who was my class teacher from 1st standard to 4th. I was very bad in Maths and still carrying that tradition:P.. The first time that I told a lie to my parents about an examination paper was when i was in 4th. I don't know how I dared to do that but I told them that I did'nt get my hindi paper. It was so daunting moment for me.
                         The most unforgettable moments in my school life are the fights between friends, those small fights for taking pen or pencil, for siting beside somebody, to carry our teacher's bag to impress her etc etc. I had a best friend till 4th, named Manuja. But unfortuantely, she left the school in 4th. And then my entire friend's circle changed. I got new friends( Jincy, Harsharan, Dolly, Pooja, Sprita, Uzma)..I am sorry if I had left out anyone. I still memorize those days when we used to fight with each other to save our own lunch box. All those were fun filled days. I got a wonderful class teacher when I was in 5th, Mrs. Sweta Singh. She was more like a friend for us. I loved and liked her as a teacher for many reasons. When I was in 6th, I was accused of cheating in my final exams. I was totally innocent. Somehow, the guy next to me copied everythng and the link between us was a senior. None of the teachers believed me but Sweta Miss helped me to prove that I was innocent. For the first time, I felt that somebody trusts me. But she left the school after her marriage when I was in 7th.
                          Our new class teacher was Charanjeet Kour. Huh, sometimes I felt she did'nt know anything but she was ok ok. I missed Sweta teacher very badly. After she went I started grasping that all teachers are not the same. Sweta teacher never treated her students on basis of marks or how they studied. She treated everybody equally but what I felt was Charanjeet teacher liked students on the basis of how they fared well in their exams. I felt so bad for that reason!! I failed for the first time in a subject in my school career. I got 15 out of 70 in geography. I cried and begged a lot for 5 marks before my geography teacher(Miss Indira) but she did'nt show any kindness. In 7th, my friend's circle changed. My new friends were Swati Anand, Vinnie( who was my family friend as well as my classmate).
                           From 8th standard to 10th, we had Mrs. Susheela PC as our new class teacher. Our seniors used to say that she was very stringent but we felt that she was a fun loving lady and took everything from a positive aspect. She used to encourage us a lot but again she had her favourites(one's who studied well and got a good rank). I dnt what happened to me, even after stuying a lot, i used to get bad marks in exams. But somehow I managed to reach till 10th standard. I used hate maths and science. I wish we had commerce in 9th but unfortunately we did'nt. But i managed to score around 80% in my ICSE board exams.. Will tell you about my 11th and 12 th standard experiences in another chapter with a different angle to the school life.
I miss you KSMS!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E – Rickshaws: Advantages and Disadvantages

Credit card - Advantages and Disadvantages