Amidst Beliefs
Many a time’s people might have heard about different pious superstitions. There is a temple in Jamshedpur( my birth place) which is known as Bhuvanagiri complex. It is known by this name because there two temples within a compound, one is the Guruvayur Sri Krishna temple and the other is Bhuvaneshwari temple. Both the temples together are known as Bhuwanagiri complex.
When I was in Jamshedpur, I used to visit this temple very often. But I was unaware of the credence of the devotees who visited this temple. There is a small Shiv Temple attached to the Buvanashwari mandir. The shivling of this shiv temple was very famous among the citizens of the city. The shivling grows up on its own year by year. This was one of the beliefs of the devotees.
I came to know about this when I was in 11th standard during the eve of Maha Shivrartri. I and my family visited to the temple to get the blessings of Lord Shiva on this occasion. I heard one of the devotees saying that the shivaling growing on its own is indicating the presence of Lord Shiva. I was oblivious about this reality.
I wanted to do a small research on this truth. When I asked my mom, she said, “It’s true that the shivaling is growing up on its own. When I first came to this city, it was so small but as each year passed by, the shivling also grew up. People believe that this indicate the presence of Lord Shiva.”
I went to the temple one day along with one of my friend Preethi. We were really very excited to know about the truth behind it. We spoke to one of the trustee of Sri Krishna temple, Mr.K Sugumaran. He said, “The pandit who first found out this shivling is dead. One day he saw in his dream that there is a small shivling on top of this Bhuvanagiri hills. He went and searched the hills and found that his dream was true. After some years Tata Motors built up a temple over here because of the request of the pandit. And thus, came up the Buvanagiri complex. It is said that river Ganga flows underneath the shivling.”
During the eve of Saavan( when the monsoon starts), ladies come here and offer milk and other stuff to Lord shiva to please him. Saawan is an auspicious festival for the people of North India. Sawan is indeed the fifth month in the traditional Vikramam and Nanakshahi calendar which preside over the activities within Sikkhism.
Even today people from the neighboring states keep visiting this temple. The atmosphere of the temple invites for spiritual concentration and meditation.

Comments

  1. Nice and impressive Blog.I wish yo uall the very Best ,for your ambition.
    K.Ragavan.
    www.ragavan-creativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

E – Rickshaws: Advantages and Disadvantages

Credit card - Advantages and Disadvantages