JUST KEEP GOING!!!

I hope you all must have come across an interview of Mira Rajput, wherein she slammed the entire women working community, especially married women or mothers who earn a bread for their family or to support their husband.

Well, what she said is absolutely her point of view. So, this post is nothing offensive about her. One of the strange thing, I heard in her interview – “Misha (her daughter) is not a puppy and hence, I cannot stay with her for an hour and then, rush back to work). I want to spend every moment with her”.

That was very sweet of her to put out the message that her child is much more important to her but the ‘puppy’ remark is a strong slap against all the working women, who leave back their child at home, under the care of a Nanny or relative.

Let me tell you my opinion. It’s okay not to work after your marriage. Looking after your new abode, new relations, including your in-laws is an appreciation worth task. But that is natural. Looking after your husband’s family, comes as a gift along with your marriage. That’s your duty and you cannot deny that. I have a couple of friends or cousins of mine, who have taken a break after marriage or delivery, and have returned back to work, post their marriage or pregnancy period.

I strongly believe that sometimes, handling both an extraordinary personal life and a professional life simultaneously, can make you define a classy woman. True! Times have changed and I am sure, today every family is proud to have a working lady as their daughter in law.



I would definitely love to work after my marriage because I do not want to put the entire financial responsibility on my husband. May be I won’t earn as much like he does, but yes, I can make a contribution to run the family. I have seen men working in kitchen or cooking food for their family (on emergency situations ;)), then why can’t we as women, share their burden?

You cannot expect your husband to take care of your family (parents or siblings) every time financially. At least, I do not want to run after my husband asking for money. When you earn a bread for your family, you earn respect in the society.

Having a kid should never stop you from following your passion or it should never be considered as an excuse. Yes, it’s true that once you have a baby, you have to devote 90% of your time and attention to the little one. You can take a break from your professional life. Once your child becomes comfortable enough to stay back with your in-laws or parents, you can take forward your career.

Remember, putting the failure of career on your child is the act of a coward woman. If you go to work post maternity, it doesn’t mean that you don’t love your child or don’t care for the kid. It simply implies that you are helping your husband to make the life of your baby simple, smoother, and happier. And why to worry, when you are leaving your child with your parents or mother-in-law?
If you go to work by leaving back your child at home, it won’t make your child synonym to a ‘puppy’. Just notice the smile and happiness on the face of your baby, when you reach back home. It would be immeasurable and unexplainable.


As I said, this is completely my concept. People might agree and disagree but what I tried to portray is that maternity or post maternity phase is not an excuse for you to stop achieving your dreams. 

Neither working women who leave behind their child at home, should be tagged as ‘careless’ or ‘cruel’ mothers.


My heart-filled respect goes out to all the working mothers out there! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E – Rickshaws: Advantages and Disadvantages

Credit card - Advantages and Disadvantages